Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] help!!-monte-carlo analysis on a comparator's offset

Status
Not open for further replies.
erikl said:
Here's a user guide for that:

Thanks. But the problem is how to simulate the offset of a latched comparator which needs 2 steps to make a decision? By dc sweep or by transient simulation? If by transient one, how to print an offset voltage?

xuanmulidong said:
If by transient one, how to print an offset voltage?
In such case I insert an artificial offset voltage (parametrized vdc source) in series with one of the inputs, then run the transient simulations sweeping the offset voltage parameter between the expected values (which you can calculate from values published in your PDK, using mismatch values depending on your W*L values (Pelgrom) and design symmetry). For a first estimation, I'd use ±10mV.

erikl said:
xuanmulidong said:
If by transient one, how to print an offset voltage?
In such case I insert an artificial offset voltage (parametrized vdc source) in series with one of the inputs, then run the transient simulations sweeping the offset voltage parameter between the expected values (which you can calculate from values published in your PDK, using mismatch values depending on your W*L values (Pelgrom) and design symmetry). For a first estimation, I'd use ±10mV.

Thanks erikl.

Yes, by trying diferent artificial offset voltage, the minimum offset voltage could be found. But I need a picture like this: https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/46_1258984315.gif. In transient monte-carlo analysis, with big enough differential inputs, the outputs wil be turned over. But how can I catch the points , the offsets, when outputs are turned?

xuanmulidong said:
In transient monte-carlo analysis, with big enough differential inputs, the outputs wil be turned over. But how can I catch the points , the offsets, when outputs are turned?
By increasing the value of the artificial offset voltage source you could find out when this effect occurs.

xuanmulidong said:
I don't know if this is possible within ADE tools. You could transfer your MC results into an excel sheet. This is a bit tedious, but it works.

You can find a good tutorial at the followink link.

https://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/comparator.pdf

In case to extract statistic parameter define a calculator expression with cross and value functions to determine offset value. Decrease the input speed of signals and apply full speed clock the you do not miss input voltage difference where output changes state.

Erdogan

erikl said:
xuanmulidong said:
In transient monte-carlo analysis, with big enough differential inputs, the outputs wil be turned over. But how can I catch the points , the offsets, when outputs are turned?
By increasing the value of the artificial offset voltage source you could find out when this effect occurs.

xuanmulidong said:
I don't know if this is possible within ADE tools. You could transfer your MC results into an excel sheet. This is a bit tedious, but it works.

offset data can be obtained by .meas command in monte-carlo analysis, and be processed by excel to print the picture I need.
Anyway, erikl, it does work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back