Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

assura diode lvs issue "floating "nxwell" not

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak242003

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura diode lvs issue

floating "nxwell" not allowed..

anybody got this error b4??

Deepak.

Re: assura diode lvs issue

deepak242003 said:
anybody got this error b4??
No. We don't let wells floating. You should check accurately! Could be lethal. :cry:

thanks for the reply erik1..

I should have explained it clearly..
It is wiht respect to diode like this..

-!>|-!>|-

For the first diode I am getting this error... since the nwell(cathode) is not connected to any power ,we might be getting this error...

Can we ignore this error this time?? what u suggest??

Deepak.

Re: assura diode lvs issue "floating "nxwell"

deepak242003 said:
-!>|-!>|-

For the first diode I am getting this error... since the nwell(cathode) is not connected to any power ,we might be getting this error...

Can we ignore this error this time??
Yes, in this case you may ignore it, because the nwell is self-biased. In order to inhibit the error message, you could stick a global name to it, like e.g. "biasp!" or "vddp!". I think this should disable the invalid error message.

erikl said:
In order to inhibit the error message, you could stick a global name to it, like e.g. "biasp!" or "vddp!". I think this should disable the invalid error message.

should I add it in layout or netlist... If in layout , wiht nwell layer ??

deepak.

deepak242003 said:
should I add it in layout or netlist...
In layout should be sufficient, but I'm used to add names in both schematic & layout. Helps the LVS, and also helps you, if you would have to make changes after half a year or so ;-)

deepak242003 said:
If in layout , wiht nwell layer ??
Depends on the PDK. Some want the very (same) layer, some want a PIN layer. Make it as you are used to, or simply try it!

deepak242003 said:
-!>|-!>|-
PS: I hope the diodes are operated in forward direction!? Serial connection in reverse direction wouldn't necessarily work well for symmetrical voltage division. And anyway you couldn't achieve a larger serial reverse voltage than the process allows for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back