Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to perform Stability analysis in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunturikishore

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I am trying to do the stability analysis on the Cadence tool and though I know well all the other analysis well, this analysis is confusing me a lot as I am trying it first time.

I am trying to simulate the loop gain of a non-inverting amplifier and somehow strangely it gives very absurd results with -150 dB loop gain.

One doubt I got is whether I have to connect to iprobe or vsource for loop gain calculation?? The result is with same absurd negative gain value with both.

I need to connect vsource as voltage source or I need to place it in series with the loop if I am going to use it??

I hope there are many people use it in this group and help me out of this problem.

Added after 48 minutes:

Solution Found:

Seems like some library components problem in the process I am using. It worked for me with a different process.

put an iprobe in series at the point where you want the loop to be broken and then do the stb analysis.

connect 1K inductor in series of the feedback path and 1K cap to gnd from the input side (of the amplifier) as shown in the attached figure , and do AC analysis.Inductor > open for AC short for DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.