Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding start of frame packet in USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun397

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i have earlier posted few posts regarding my project USB device core on a FPGA ......
i would like to know whether a SOF packet is required to be added(written) in the code for a USB device ...............
thank you.........

Devices do not generate SOF. Only Hosts (root controllers and hubs) generate SOF. If you build a full speed (12 Mbps) device, the Host will send SOF to your device.

If you are building a Host (for example, for communicating with a USB device such as memory stick): low speed (1.5 Mbps) does not generate SOF, full speed (12 Mbps) must generate SOF.

arun397

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tkbits said:
Devices do not generate SOF. Only Hosts (root controllers and hubs) generate SOF. If you build a full speed (12 Mbps) device, the Host will send SOF to your device.

If you are building a Host (for example, for communicating with a USB device such as memory stick): low speed (1.5 Mbps) does not generate SOF, full speed (12 Mbps) must generate SOF.

so u say i need to include it in my code to receive SOF from the host.........
i did not get u exactly can u be more clear please..........

Status
Not open for further replies.