Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in feko lite with the mesh size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavipersonal

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help in feko lite

Hi, it's my fist time in this forum..

I'm working in a simulation of a cylindrical dielectric simulator antenna.
The problem appears when I try to create the mesh, the program doesn't allow me to do it because " The number of mesh triangles (33682) are not allowed to exceed 300 in FEKO LITE."
I don't know how it will solve. If someone can help me..

Thank a lot.

Hi,

Just to verify, are you using FEKO LITE?

I think FEKO LITE does limit you to only a small no of triangle meshes. Is your geometry very big?

You will need the full version to do bigger problems.

Regards.

Yes, I'm using FEKO LITE.
Is there no possibility to reduce the number of triangles?
The figure is a dielectric cylindre (radio=12.5mm and height= 30mm) + a ground plane (radio 60mm)..is it very big?

Thanks for the answer

Hi,

It depends on your freq of interest.

You can reduce the no of triangles. You can set the size of the triangles that you want under Mesh Size, but the limitation is something like lamda/4. So it is determined by your freq of interest.

But if you do increase your triangle size, it would affect the model as it would not as accurate.

FEKO LITE is really limited, and it only allows you to try simple geometries.

Even if you do get by this, there is a restriction to the amount of memory that you can use to solve the problem. If i did not remember wrongly, the limit is like 30 MB of memory.

Regards.

Regards.

I've tried with the value lambda/4 but the same error appears.. I asked for the full version to the FEKO website but I need it as fast as I could.
I'm working also with another program HFSS, but every simulation takes more than 4 hours and it 's impossible.

Thanks a lot, your advices are really useful

Hi everyone,

I would like to know the accuracy of the values obtained by the Feko lite Software, because i´m searching for a free simulation software! Thanks

Best regards,

jmga9

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Hi everyone,

I would like to know the accuracy of the values obtained by the Feki Lite software,

Best Regards,

jmga9

accuracy of the obtained values for Feko Lite and full version of FEKO are one and the same for one and the same project. This is not issue of the special version of FEKO. This is issue of your problem of interest - like how complex it is and how fine mesh it requires.

With FEKO lite you are limited by 300 triangles or so. You can study general principles of MoM simulation, mesh adjustment, excitations, overall GUI of FEKO Suite. but you caould not probably apply it for realistic problems in general.

Thus you are looking for free MoM simulation software, check also EMCoS Antenna Virtual Lab. There is available free Student Version. It also has limitation in model size, but the limit is much higher. You can solve problem with 3000 triangles + 1000 wire-elements. It is also easy to start-up.

Overview - EMCoS
Request free SV - EMCoS

hi e_m_c thanks a lot for your answer!
I will try the software that you recommend me, and see what i can do, because i really need to use one. i have been trying to use Feko Lite but because of their limitations i'm having a lot of problems!!!

Best regards,

jmg9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back