Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I purchase Low Cost GSM Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
gsm module cheapest

Hi,
my company has found a great GSM/GPRS chipset module for $26 US dallors

www.sim.com
The part is SIM340D

However, are you guy all aware of PTCRB testing? This is a USA certification that requires approval before you can use the Cell towers. It cost is about $30K.

PTCRB + FCC = over $45K

While we have found this china mondule useful and works great, it is however not certified which we are now finding out the module certification costs are much higher.

Pre module cert + PTCRB +FCC = lots of $$$

bottom line is find a module that is certified.
We are hearing reports about this company is going for certification, but this has been the word for many months now.

I too would like to find a certified low cost soluition, so if anyone finds one let me know?

buy module gsm

mitesh said:
Please suggest me very low cost GSM module with or without GPRS which should cost lest then 35$ as requrment is of 1000nos.

Any company make from China , Honkong, Sinagpore which supplies cheap GSM module

Greetings,

Man, just use a GSM Phone.... nothing cheapest that that.... Ex. Sony Ericsson Phone - Medium Line

Good Luck

siemens mc55i

take a look at **broken link removed**

the gerbers has been added recently.
enjoy :D
you can put comments, in case of any questions.
he will reply to you.

gsm modules, china make low cost

Please contact with sales@amod.com.tw
The company has developed GSM/GPRS module and ready for cusotmer testing.

gm862gsm

I used Siemens TC35. It's great and 27 Euro (42USD) at small quantity 1-10 pcs. I know SIM300 but 20-30USD/unit price is at 1000-10000 pcs.

Another advantage of TC35: it's supplied from 5V. Easy to work with. I made a terminal based on this module.

**broken link removed**

I have some modules for sale.
nickemailbox at yahoo dot com

cellon gsm module

Hi guys,

Check this, very good prices on GSM/GPRS and EDGE module, also the smallest GSM/GPRS module in the world today C1S: http://www.aldacom.com/

Added after 12 minutes:

They also have development starter kits including main development board with 2 modules and accesories for a very good price.

For Module: http://www.aldacom.com/GSM-module/gsm-module.html

For developments kit: http://www.aldacom.com/GSM-module-kit/GSM.html

Also check this GSM/GPRS/ GPS combo tracking module board with Atmel controler is is not bad for only 129€ : http://www.aldacom.com/gsm-gps/gps-tracking.html

low+cost+gprs+module

One thing to remember about this is that any end design that has a cellular modem in it will need to be PTCRB certified, which can cost $20,000+.

There is a product from Janus that is certified as an end product, but can be developed on just like a GSM module: **broken link removed**

It is mainly used for proof of concept, but I've seen many engineers go with this solution long term. You can always spin a board later, when you are ready tos hell out the cash for certification.

-B

Re: gsm module costs

Nandulal said:
where can I get this modules in india? Mitesh, I think you are from india. So plz tell me the vendor of GSM/GPRS module in india.

Nandu

you can get a complete module with following features in india from vega at price of 3200/- rs or mail me if you are facing any problem

• GSM/ GPRS MODEM Using SIMCOM-300 Module.
• RS 232 Interface. DB9 port.
• Voice communication Port.
• On Board Voltage regulator.
• Power / Signal LED Indication.

SMA Connector and antenna.

photo

Can you tell me where I can buy this in bangalore?
Sarab
Mod: Instead giving your mail ID, you may communicate on the forum for the information / benefit of other members too

For GPRS Modem call Mr. Prashant
He is giving SIM900D based GPRS modem. His company is located in bangalore, India.

Mobile number: 9845151335

I could support GSM module with TCP/IP stack for 35$ for 1000 qty,if anybody interesting in it,please contact below E-mail and MSN:
E-mail:tony.xu@arrowasia.com
MSN:xutangyi094@163.com

Module's website:
www.telit.com

Why not SIM300 from SIMCOM

it costs around Rs2,300 with RS232 interface and power supply
and only the module costs around Rs1,500 in bangalore, India.

By the way this is for the experienced users, do you think this is efficient and good quality

or do u prefer others to this ??

pls leave us ur comments!

SALE>> GSM Module 2nd Hand but good as Brand new. it is used only once. 3k only. contact me at 09152733538 im from manila.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back