Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC-DC SMPS Reference Designs needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmec

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SMPS Reference Designs

Hi,

I am currently working on a project for military refrigeration units and I need to redesign the power supply section. The current power supply is just a 60 Hz step down transformer rectified with buck converters for the 12 and 5 volt outputs. This has been sufficient for a while but we are running out of space and need a smaller design.
I am currently replacing the power supply with a switch mode power supply. I do not have much experience with AC to DC SMPS designs and I am short on time so I am looking for a reference design that I can use.

I would also like there to be a pre-made board available that I can order to evaluate the reference design. I have just received a few reference boards from STMicroelectronics and modules from TDK-Lamda.
The modules from TDK-Lamda look good. They are small and well constructed but they will cost more in production than using a reference design and they don't have the temperature range I need.
The reference boards from STMicroelectronics are kinda big. I could shrink the board down when I make it but it seems to have more components than the TDK-Lambda designs so it will still end up larger.

So ideally I am looking for a reference design with a prebuilt board that I can order quickly that provides 12 and 5 volt outputs at around an Amp each with little board space use.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Dan

Re: SMPS Reference Designs

why don't you try www.national.com for smps design? they have a good designing tool SIMPLE SWITCHER.

there is also www.fairchildsemi.com also have a good design tool.

check this topic

Smallest AC/DC converter.. 230V to 12V

Status
Not open for further replies.