Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the comparison of 65nm technology and 130nm technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

yixiusky

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone ^^

I would like to ask for the the comparison of 65nm technology and 130nm technology. I only can think out the price, Transister noise constant, substrate resistivity and speed.

Could you tell me what are other differences between 65nm technology and 130nm technology? Thank you very much

65nm has scaling down advantages for circuits with large digital parts like sigma delta adc etc..
with analog circuits one can expect only problems because some circuit topologies could not be used.
threshold does not track power supply scaling which means lower available voltage range
L could not be scaled-down easily because:
1. dL/L degrades output resistance
2. noise coefficient for mosfet model is larger for same gm
3. strong inversion region is schrinked by velocity saturation region in which gm is degreded i.e more current does not improve gm
4. Vth could be degraded by hot electron effects because of small tox and large electric field
in 65nm exists significant portion of input leackege current which could not be neglected, and could degrade some circuit topologies.
It is good that mathing cofficients are generally better, because tox is smaller and channel is better controlled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back