Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab QPSK... have you observed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Communications_Engineer

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How pskmod.m works? I mean QPSK is supposed to make two bits as input and output one symbol.

But when I use pskmod([1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0],4), the length of the answer remains same i.e. 8 and not 4

I wonder if this is going to affect the BER performance of QPSK in Matlab

I know the solution too that I can use reshape and blah blah blah, but I want to know why Matlab has not made it correct? Maybe it has no affects?

Comments from experts are welcome

Do not worry it will not affect the BER calculation but of course the symbol error rate (symerr command) will be different, I have implemented the whole WiMAX using this modulation function and it is accurate.

moustafa.abdelhady said:
Do not worry it will not affect the BER calculation but of course the symbol error rate (symerr command) will be different, I have implemented the whole WiMAX using this modulation function and it is accurate.
DEAR
please send me the matlab code for wimax using this modolation.
tanx

Status
Not open for further replies.