Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Function generator with microsecond precision, >30 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

luck09

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am looking for a good circuit, which can create an arbitrary wave form with microsec precision, and the maximum peak voltage should be 40-50 volt. For arbitrary wave form, I think it must have an interface to PC. Could you give a guide on this problem?
Thank you so much!
PS: Now I have a Agilent 33120A 15MHz, but it can not reach out of 10volts. Should I amplify it? and which schematic is a good one?

How if you use DDS chips and make some amplification to match your voltage level

Using a commercial HV/power OP seems to be the most easy solution. See
**broken link removed**

Re: Function generator with microsecond precision, >30 vo

FvM said:
Using a commercial HV/power OP seems to be the most easy solution. See
**broken link removed**
Thank you very much. I think your solution is the best.
I want to ask another question
http://datasheet.digchip.com/096/096-51260-MP400.pdf
In the above datasheet, I see that the OpAmp has 350 V/μS Slew Rate (very high) but a 200 kHz Power Bandwidth (not very high). As I think, when Slew Rate is high, system has fast response to input, therefore Bandwidth is also high. But I think it's not really true in this case. (I am not sure of having a clear understanding of Slew Rate and bandwidth here)
My application requires pulses in microsecond. Therefore, the frequency should be in MHz, I think. So, in this case, can MP400 be used for my application?

350 V/μS isn't a high slew rate with 350 V output. You have to specify both, slew rate and bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back