Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vdc to 220vac inverter with pic 16f873

Status
Not open for further replies.

spocky

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I am an amateur user of pic microcontrollers and I want to make a pure sine inverter 12v to 220v 50Hz and the output will be 200-300W. I must use pic16f873.Could someone help me with a schematic of the circuit I want to make please???Sorry for my english....

There are two methods for doin this
-- invert 12VDC to 12VAC then use a step up transformer
-- use a converter to raise the voltage upto 300VDC then invert

which one you want to use

the first method you said uses pic m/c?Do you have any schematic?

Added after 36 minutes:

My teacher also told me if I could make an inverter without transformer?He also told me that using PWM of pic16fxx I could make a sine Voltage using a lot of square pulses.

It's true that using PWM or a DAC you can make almost any waveform but have you consider that the maximum voltage you can produce from a 16F877 is 5V and without other circuitry, the maximum power it can produce is less than 1 Watt.

You don't have many options and none are very efficient unless you use a transformer:

Generate a square wave (you don't really need a PIC for that) at 12V and feed it to a voltage multiplier to step it up using a diode multiplier. Then take the output from a H-bridge configuration to allow the polarity to be reversed. You will have to use diodes with very low forward voltage drop at >20A forward current and they are hard to find. You may be able to find a Germanium type that can do it, good luck trying.

There are variations on that theme but all have the same problem of generating enough voltage. The idea of using a transformer is that you convert the power from low voltage to high voltage by converting high current to low current. I can't think of any other way of doing it efficiently at 300W load. Using the method I mentioned earlier, I expect efficiency to be less than 10% if it worked at all.

Brian.

Ok I can't find either informations without transformer.Is there any inverter circuit with schematic using any pic of 16f series with pwm method (with transformer)?

Status
Not open for further replies.