Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433 mhz passive rfid system design, rfid, tag, reader,antena

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojonovo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey.

is it possible to have a long range passive rfid system designed ? i am working with a 433 mhz carrier frequency and the system has to be passive, am using inductive coupling, lc resonant, i.e. an inductor L with a resonant capacitor C and the other sections of the tag follows.

also. how do i design the impedance matching of the system ?? cuz i dont understand the function of the load resistance, my source resistance is 50 ohms, but i dont know how to get the load resistance.

Re: 433 mhz passive rfid system design, rfid, tag, reader,an

RFID standards are reserving 433 MHz for active tag communication, also according to the general usage of this band for SRD (small radio devices). This implies, that the power levels required for passive tag operation in the vicinity are generally not allowed by respective regulations.

Operation of passive UHF tags is dedicated to the 860 - 960 MHz range, or more specific 865 - 868 MHz in the EU according to EN 302 208 with an effective radiated power up to 2 W.

Regarding your specific questions, I fear that a deeper knowledge of RF engineering is required for the project, than it can be gathered by getting your edaboard posts answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.