Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About USB 3.0 or wireless USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

edaboy123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Who are working in USB3.0 or wireless USB? Could you provide some material about it?

Hi,

I am working for USB 2.0 but, I have Spec of USB 3.0 attached here with.

For further question, please ping me.

--
Nirav Bhatt

Hi niravbhatt,

Do you focus on digital part or analog part for USB 2.0? what is the different between USB2.0 and USB3.0?

USB3.0 - with Lack of support for it from Intel, It may be a while before
we see this 4.8Gbps.
**broken link removed**

Wireless USB - With UltraWideBand (UWB) technology almost dead,
it will interesting to see this 480Mbps wireless speed.
(Wireless USB is the only spec that is using UWB , while
all others have shifted to 60GHz camp).

In the meantime, Intel is pushing its own Proprietary Technology
called Light Peak (Optical fiber based)
**broken link removed**

That's Intel! That says something , but does something else!.

Hi,

I am working on digital part i.e designing and verifying USB2.0 IP.

What Conggeston has said is also right. You can refer it and also www.usb.org and lots of other links which best describes the basic difference between USB2.0 & USB3.0

--
Thanks,
Nirav Bhatt

I would like to ask if the USB 3.0 Phy can work as stand alone device without to connect the PCI-e interface i.e repeater

Like: PC usb port--> 6m cable--> [port one of USB repeater device] - [port two of USB repeater device] --> 6m cable-->usb3.0 port External storage Drive.

USB3.0 include Super Speed and usb2.0(HS/FS/LS). For physical layer of SS, it is PIPE interface compliant and it uses differential signal (TX+/TX-, RX+/RX-) to transfer signal.
For link layer of SS, it uses link command to do link flow control and power saving.
For protocol layer, it is similar with usb2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back