Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tuning fork oscillator, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I'm a visual artist (never studied electronics but can read a circuit diagram and do build stuff) and I work also lot with sound. I'm making a work that uses 2 tuning forks with mirrors on the tines. As the forks vibrate a laser beam reflects off the mirrors and projects lisajous patterns. I have been having problems driving the forks in a reliable way. I used a simple buzzer type circuit before but the contacts burn out over time, then I came across the idea of doing it with 2 coils: a drive and pick up type arrangement using a driver and an amp so the electronics put the forks into self-oscillation. I'm struggling to find an overall solution and a simple circuit that will do this and would welcome any suggestions. The forks are about 20cm tall.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Best Nick

Electromagnetic drive and sense has the advantage of contactless operation (with a ferromagnetic steel tuning fork).
The drive and sense coil both need a DC bias current or a biasing permanent magnet for correct operation.

electronically turning fork can get by uc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back