Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

µ-strip antenna for Monopulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

max232

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Can I change the quasi Yagi antenna (double food) by 2 antennas patch. ????
This characteristic is exploited to form sum and difference radiation patterns by combining the outputs from each feed out of phase and inphase.

Probe-fed Rectangular patch.(lambda/2 x lambda /2 is the size).
The two probes are located on the orizontal simmetry axis and next to the patch edges. So the probes are about manbda/2 far to each other.
When their excitation is (1,0) we have a delta pattern (difference pattern).
When their excitation is (1,0) and (1,180) you have a sum pattern.. let's a cosine... There are also some other effects.

What do u think?

Best regards
Lupin

HI

you can explain me by a drawing

thank you

It's very simple.
Take a sqaured patch antenna, the size is lambda /2 x lambda /2 ok?
Then, consider an edge port (maybe it's simpler..) exciting the linear polarization ok? It's the tipical LP patch antenna configuration ok?
then repeat the edge port excitation in the opposite side of the patch..
U have a simmetirc structure.
If the inputs are in phase u have a "DELTA" pattern (difference),
if the inputs are in opposite phase u have a cos pattern (more or less, sum pattern)...

Regards
Lupin

Therefore, I need only one patch square (lambda/2 * lambda/2), with two opposite food ,and exciting the linear polarization . :!: :!: :!:

How to have 50 ohm for each edge port :?: :?: :?:

just a lambda/4 for each edge side.
What em tool arte u using?

Regards
Lupin

Can I change the quasi Yagi antenna (double food) by 2 antennas fix. ????

Therefore, I need only one fix square (lambda/2 * lambda/2), with two opposite food ,and exciting the linear polarization .

Easiest way is to use two p@tches, Lupin is explain how to do that. With just one I'm not sure that can be done.

Lupin, I will do it with Ansoft Designer 1.1 or mwo 2002.

Can you directed me with a publication or a ebook plz ? for desing square patch with 2 feed

Hi max232,

To my understanding, if u want to use only an antenna in the monopulse, you wouldn't be able to able to get a sum or differencial in phase.

Therefore why for monopulse antenna, they would need 2 antennas.

Anyway, at what frequency you designing this monopulse antenna to be operating at?

Thanks

yuppi77 said:
Hi max232,
Anyway, at what frequency you designing this monopulse antenna to be operating at?

Thanks

hi yuppi77

the frequency = 2 Ghz

Regards

hi lupin
are you have the simulation file of sum and difference excitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back