Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Real time filtering for EMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

villanik

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a myoelectric control for a manipulative robot. I'm working on Matlab and was using a butterworth high-pass filter (2nd order, 30/500 Hz) to filter out ECG artefact. It works very well but am looking forward to transfer my programs in real time and I am looking for another highpass filter that would work rapidly without dephasing the signal.

Thank you

For EMG you can implement a FIR filter with the order that you want and can conservate the phase mainly if you apply an IIR will destroy the phase.
with a MC56F8025 is enough to implement this in realtime the EMG signal are slow signal in comparison with the DSP capability.
pls review the following link for a cheap CPU.
**broken link removed**
and it's vey easy to integrate with matlab using the FDA tool and fixed point toolkit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back