Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need yr experiences about the EMI suppression

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinxin

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need your experiences on phone design about the EMI suppssion. When the work freqences was up , the EMI will get worse.

Hi,
It is well known that

1) As the frequencies increase the radiations go up.
So use the minimum possible frequency which can support your requirements.

2) Respect all the physical dimension requirements, in shielding / spacing etcetra.

3) Make sure that there is no ground loop problems.

For more details send your board layout, critical signals and frequencies.

BR
Madhukar

Madhukar , thanks for ur suggestion . Could u tell me how to understand the "no ground loop"problem?
otherwise , could u share ur experiences for layout for the Rf signals (max=1.9Ghz) and Data line (26Mhz) ?

8) For reduced EMI Emmisions use a board with 4 or more layers . two inner layers for supply and ground .

Use ferrite beads where ever it is required to reduse EMI.

Take care in seperating Analog and Digital Grounds and grounding them at a single low noise point.
Use shieldind

Still meeting EMI/EMC is a tricky affair and it may take many trials before it meets the required standards. we have many times broken our head to meet EMI461E standards and i know how difficult it is to meet them.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back