Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing 8051 with infrared or blutooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinali_jin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
m working on a project called bus schedule indicator. in dis proj i need 2 identify d buses cuming on a particular stop. i hv 2 options for wireless data transfer i.e. bluetooth and infrared. i want 2 interface either bluetooth or infrared receiver wid microcontroller 8051 which in turn will b interfaced wid a gsm modem which ll send a msg about d bus no 2 another gsm modem at d server. which option will b better both economically n practically? n also dis is my very 1st proj in embedded systems so it will b gr8 if sum1 cld provide me wid a proper guide bout bluetooth,infrared n interfacing. thnx a lot.

please use proper english words, sir. reading thru your message gives me headache. sorry if you are offended.

Sorry for the inconvenience.. Reiterating myself in proper english..

Hi guys,
I am working on a project called bus schedule indicator. In this project i need to identify the buses coming at a particular stop. I have 2 options for wireless data transfer i.e. bluetooth and infrared. I want to interface either bluetooth or infrared receiver with microcontroller 8051 which in turn will be interfaced with a GSM modem which will send a msg about the bus no to another GSM modem at the server. Which option will be better both economically n practically? And also this is my very 1st project in embedded systems so it will b great if someone could provide me with a proper guide about bluetooth,infrared n interfacing. Thanks a lot.

Infra red will be easier and cheaper

Nandhu

(still you use short hand)

By examining your description, I think even if bluetooth is costlier, and complex to interface, it is a better choice because you need proper positioning of transmitter and receiver in the case of infrared which is difficult to achieve because you cannot park a bus with that precision.
Hope my suggestion helps.
:D

I use BLUEMORE200 module from www.eikonsite.it that is very easy to setup and works fine as transparent UART

hope this info helps you in your project

Status
Not open for further replies.