Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to repair a broken down floppy drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduponto

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
floppy drive repair

Please help me, I have a special FDD (very expensive for music keyboard) with failure.I looking for software to test and repair, or procedures, wavw forms ,etc.

Thanks in advance . Edu

Re: floppy drive repair

In my early days i used to rapair those floppys ... But tell me mostly all floppies have the same interface ... The only wird ones as far as i know are the 3 inches that you used to find in some word prcessor machines 20 years ago .. now the mac type are HDFS are still pc compatible .
Anyhow ..to repair a floppy .you need some equipment ..
If the problem is head repacement you need a sepecil floppy disk with pattern recordered .that is used to help you to tune the righ azimouth angle.. But .. nobody does it this days because they got to be so cheap.

So i thing that is a matter of finding which is the type of your drive and replacing it!

Re: floppy drive repair

do have a look to those pages:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

there is a documentation about setting the ID # which is different for
a P.C. or another equipment.
Regards,

eltonjohn said:
In my early days i used to rapair those floppys ... But tell me mostly all floppies have the same interface ... The only wird ones as far as i know are the 3 inches that you used to find in some word prcessor machines 20 years ago .. now the mac type are HDFS are still pc compatible .
Anyhow ..to repair a floppy .you need some equipment ..
If the problem is head repacement you need a sepecil floppy disk with pattern recordered .that is used to help you to tune the righ azimouth angle.. But .. nobody does it this days because they got to be so cheap.

So i thing that is a matter of finding which is the type of your drive and replacing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.