Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which design tool can open a .pcb file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal312

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I have a .PCB extension files and i tried to import it to Altium 09 and Orcad layout 10 but it did not work. So i guess it isn't an protel pcb file.
I opened it by notepad and the header is "00 FF 17 20 02 00 00"
Does anybody know which design tool can open that file?

Many thanks,

00 ff 17 20 02

In orcad go to file----import design--->from protel or some other file supporting format....and proceed...

regards
Rajan.K

pcb file

In Orcad, i have tried to import the .pcb file as Protel PCB, Tango PCB,... but Orcad said that it's neither Protel or Tango PCB file. I have also googled the header but i couldn't find out the result.
Anybody help me?

how open pcb file

Your file is most likely a PADS binary PCB file. They put the ASCII stuff toward the end of the file.

If you want, you can zip or rar the file and PM it to me, and I can probably get it into a format you can open in Altium Designer.

open+.pcb+files

Hi,

Thanks all for helping. I have tried PADS and it can open my files.

Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back