Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency synchronization using gps receiver's 1PPS signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayavi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gps 1pps

HI,
I am trying to to synchronize my receiver vcxo frequency with 1PPS signal coming from GPS receiver. First I have to simulate and prove concept in MATLAB/SIMULINK.
Could anybody please help me in clarifying me of idea.

My idea is to give 1pps (signal from GPS) and 1Hz(divided from vcxo freq) to FPGA and do some dsp in processor to generate control voltage using DAC which will tune the vcxo of 10MHz.
Please tell me the dsp algorithms to be implemented in dsp.

gps 1pps signal

Basically, it's a PLL with a very low loop bandwidth. Characteristics of PLL building blocks (e.g. phase detector) and loop calculation method's in PLL literature also apply in this case.

mayavi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
gps pps signal

Hi FvM,
Thanks for reply. Could you please send some links/files for theory and matlab code to understand digital pll in better way. I need to simulate in simulink and matlab.
Thanks in advance.

gps synchronization

I think, Roland E. Best Phase-Locked Loops - Design, Simulation and Applications is the profound text book. Measuring the phase difference between PPS signal and divided VCO by a counter is the obvious way to build a phase detector. Add a loop filter - and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back