Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help... doherty amplifier and power combining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluny

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
doherty amplifier + 2009

I have to design a full integrated doherty power amplifier at 5GHz. After designing the carrier in Class AB and the peak in Class C I tried to connect each other at the outputs (the inputs are still not connected)... but I'm not able to get the same current-phases for a constructive addition at the combining-node: There's everytime a difference of nearly 180 degrees, irrespective which phase-offset at the peak input is chosen.

I believe that I understand the doherty-technique and the related configuration... that means I've choosen the correct impedance inverter (ZT = 2*Rload) etc...

I tried a lot of things to solve the problem... but until now it does not work : (

May someone knows what the main impact on this phase-shift-problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back