Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can 89S be programmed using USBasp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Can 89S programmed using USBasp?

nandhu015 said:
And more over it does not support 89S.Nandhu
There IS usbasp code to program 89S51 and 89S52 available if you search google.
The code is compiled for atmega8 since it is more than 4K in length. It works with avrdude (if you add the devices to the avrdude.conf file and use the newest version of avrdude) and it also works with progisp version 1.68.

You can also get an avrisp MK2 (USB) and use avrstudio. It supports 89S51 & 89S52.

Good Luck

dear friends, i tired this programmer but iam not successfull. i have used atmega8L. is it ok. what is the software we have to use progisp or avr dude. pls provide download link of avrdude.

regards
kj

Can 89S programmed using USBasp?

I have personally modified and tried and worked the USB ASP to program the 89S series.But of course i had some problems at first. But it is working fine with Prog ISP...Cheers

Hi,

i am trying to make a USBasp programmer for AT89Sxx series...
i already have USBasp programmer that can program AVR..

so in the process of making programmer for AT89Sxx series...i programmed a new ATmega8 IC with the USB51/main.hex firmware provided on the website
**broken link removed**
successfully..

but it didnt worked and a message popped up that "USB have Malfunctioned", maybe because i didnt programmed the Fuse Bits while programming the ATmega8 IC...Then as per previous post...behnam9856 suggested me to program the Fuse bits as shown below.
**broken link removed**

Please suggest me whether the following steps are right or not...

1. Program a new Atmega8 Ic with USB51/main.Hex firmware.
2. Setting the Fuse Bytes and Programming them as shown above.

Is that all i have to do...?

Thanx

As per Prog ISP, you have to set the fuses as Low fuse EF and High fuse C9. Use the same hex given...Nothing special...it should work..Cheers

oh thanx...
i was using progISP...
will do it n try....

sidy

the code for usbasp that works with 89S series will also program all of the avr devices. There is no need to have two programmers.

Hi,
Finally im successful in builting a USBasp programmer that can program AVR as well AT89Sxx series...
Im really thankful to the boardmembers who helped me...

Sidy

sidy50 said:
Hi, Finally im successful in builting a USBasp programmer that can program AVR as well AT89Sxx series...Im really thankful to the boardmembers who helped me...Sidy
Thanks for the good news and congratulations on its working. Hope your knowledge will be helpful for the needy...Cheers

please tell the changes you made usb asp to programme 89sxx.
i am getting the message"chip enable failed"

You have to just load the AT mega 8 (Firmware chip ) with the new firmware USB51/main.hex firmware provided on the website
**broken link removed**
Also read the previous page of this thread for more ideas and sugessions.
Cheers

well im posting the layout of the single sided PCB which works for me...
At89Sxx series can be easily programmed with this 1...
the Layout is based on the schematic mentioned on the website...
**broken link removed**
with slight changes....
Note:1.The additional diodes in the PCB are 5.1V for supply to the ATmega8 and 4.7V to the D+ & D- line...
These diodes are important...because when i tested the circuit without these diodes it didnt worked....
Also some resistors value have been changed...
i have tested it on At89S51...works awesome...and it is damn fast....
The layout is of the component side...it is made using Target PCB pool software

Also check one more thing in ur circuit...
the crystal oscillator u have used is working properly...
to do this just check the voltages on both the pins of the oscillator...when power is on to the circuit....u should get around 1.2Von both the pins....also use 33pf decoupling capacitors...if the voltage on one of the pins is absent, then the crystal or the oscillator part is malfunctioning...

sidy

sidy50 said:
i have tested it on At89S51...works awesome...and it is damn fast....
Yes...its true..i was too surprised with the programming speed. 8Kb in almost 3-5 seconds.
Cheers

hay sidy...
thank to y'r info..... i will try latter

by t w... do you use same firmware in website
**broken link removed** ??

thanks to all members.....

hay guys hello ,
Even i would like to make a programmer usbasp for 89s52
i have programmed atmega8 with main.hex suggested on site but its not working
i m using same pcb which is given on"fishdel's" site
plz suggest me any changes and i m pretty confused by the software can any one suggest what are the things required to set to programmed

hi sidy...............

i need ur help in building usb isp programmer
i have made ckt according to **broken link removed**

i m using atmega8L n programmed it wth main.hex using fuse bit ef for lower n c9 for higher bits.
now when i m connecting it with pc thn i m getting "usb device not recognized" message

i m using 12mhz osc. with 27pf
only one of the led is glowing

is this bcoz i m not using atmega8 or is thre any problem wth wires i m using to connect pc wth programmer

actually i m using 4 different wires connected to usb male one side n 4 pin connector on another side.

please help me out , anyone there i m helpless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back