Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have problems with layer selection of Pcell instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenvlsi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. I have a problem with using instance of NMOS Pcell in Virtuoso layout. The thing is that I could not select a specific layer (e.g PC, Metal 1, et.c) inside the instance although I can see that layer. Whenever I click on an instance's specific layer. then the whole NMOS instance is selected, not the layer that I want. Could you please help me to resolve this problem?
2. If I connect a metal-1 layer of an instance with another metal-1 path outside that instance, then do I need to merge the instance's metal-1 with that outside metal-1 path in oder to form a complete metal-1 connection? It is ok if I just let them overlap each other without merging them?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,

Edit>Hierarchy>Flatten and select Flatten PCells. But I wouldn't recommend flattening PCells, just draw the interconnects up to where they meet the PCell and it will be fine.

you cant select the particular layer of cell until
1) u select edit in place (X). of flatten.. but as oermens said ,it is not recommended to flatten or edit pcell...

as far as second question is concerned , the answer is no.. u needn't merge.. overlapping will do. as the layer are flattend during export (gds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back