Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spectre simulation error - "input.scs": unable to

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasim

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Simulation error

Hi all...I finished my layout, LVS, and PEX in my research project circuit design but i m in stacked in spectre simulation...i showed the model library path..1)finger cap and 2) resistor what i have used in my circuit. but once i simulate in ac analysis then showing "input.scs": unable to open.
could u tell me anyone...what should i do??i want to simulate in my design...please help me if you r kind enough...Jasim

Re: Simulation error

jasim said:
"input.scs": unable to open.
input.scs is generated automatically after you have finished the ADE Setup, Analyses, Variables, Outputs and Simulation -> Netlist menu points. It contains the simulator directions. Usually to be found in your ~/simulation/project/schematic/netlist/ directory. You must have write access, of course.

Hello Brother,
What you said.."ADE Setup, Analyses, Variables, Outputs and Simulation" dis all i did..and lastly i did "netlist&Run". But still i got fatal error "input.scs: unable to open..xxx.scs"

Actually i design a circuit which has been used capacitor and resistor. In simulation time, I showed model libraries "finger cap" and "resistor" model. But still..cannot run..showing fatal error with "input.scs" unable to open...
For testing..i also tried using a simple circuit inverter design simulation. Dis also cannot simulation...showing the same error...input.scs:unable to open..

Please help me....!!!

jasim said:
fatal error "input.scs: unable to open..xxx.scs"
Seems your Model Library Setup is wrong: Hit Setup -> Model Libraries ... The spectre: Model Library Setup window shows up.
Herein you need the full path to your model file(s) (.scs)

Hi

I actually encountered the same problem the other day when trying to simulate post layout.

What I did, was to delete the cell view (made backup first), and made a new cell view with config file and copied back the schematic. This solved the problem for me. Just make sure you import the netlist aswell..

Hope it helps

just guess... did you try to check the access right for your simulation folder? is it writable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back