Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How hard would it be to program software EPABX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsmGuy

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an old PIII computer that still runs and thus I have no heart to retire it.

It seems that I can put it to better use - create a file server is the first thing I want to do.

Before I do that however, I want do a kind of a "software EPABX".

This is what I want to do:

1. This computer is just another node connected to the main router in our house.

2. Skype/TeamTalk/GTalk/etc runs on "this computer" while logged in using an account name "a"

3. Whenever we want to make a call, we "connect" to this computer using our individual account names "x", "y" etc

4. A software runs on "this computer" that allows me to "pipe" the sound card input and outputs to the VOIP application running on "this computer".

This would effectively allow us to login to Skype/etc using our individual accounts but place calls through a single account when we want to make outgoing calls.

I vagely remember seeing an application like this that would allow me to connect ports like they way I want to when I used to do some DirectX programming, but the details escape my mind.

would it be too difficult to code such an application?

Does such an application already exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back