Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monopole antenna simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

100drine

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
monopole antenna

Hi everyone,

I am completely new at HFSS (v10) and I need to model a vertical monopole antenna. I want it to work at 434 MHz and therefore made it 17 cm long (in stainless steel). I also added a infinite ground plane (in perfect conductor), a wave port and an air box.

The radiation pattern looks alright but somehow the antenna doesn't resonate at all at 434 MHz. Can anyone tell me why ? And how to make it work properly ?

Thank you very much.

100drine

inurl:viewtopic simulation

It would be more useful if you attach your model.

antenna simulation

You could check the length of your monopole so as to be lamda/4. try to optimise it by increasing/decreasing that length a little bit till you reach the resonant point. Have a look at the radius of your wire(if it is a wire antenna).
An important thing as well is your feeding strure, are you sure that it is 50 Ohms?
It should work somehow. If you need additional help let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back