Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dell M1330 Model: PP25L - motherboard schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because a friend of mine tested continuity of chip using a fluke Multimeter with osciloscopy on my dell and no continuity, but the main problem i found until now, faulty power rail from mobo from dell.......damn!!

Hello guys, I've read through the thread and cannot find the links for the motherboard schematics... I also have a Dell M1330 that went dead, and is out of warranty. I am pretty sure that if I find out which capacitor died I can replace it, but the motherboard schematic would cut a lot of the work from the job. Also, since some of you have done this successfully, I would absolutely appreciate a guide based on your experiences...

Thanks for your replies... I know this is an old post, but I am sort of desperate and DELL wants to charge me $400 for the repair. (I would rather spend $200 more and get a different laptop, considering this one has issues to start with). If I can fix it, it would be awesome.

E.

Hello guys, I've read through the thread and cannot find the links for the motherboard schematics... I also have a Dell M1330 that went dead, and is out of warranty. I am pretty sure that if I find out which capacitor died I can replace it, but the motherboard schematic would cut a lot of the work from the job. Also, since some of you have done this successfully, I would absolutely appreciate a guide based on your experiences...

Thanks for your replies... I know this is an old post, but I am sort of desperate and DELL wants to charge me $400 for the repair. (I would rather spend $200 more and get a different laptop, considering this one has issues to start with). If I can fix it, it would be awesome.

E.

I just repaired mine, you will need an infra red camera to detect which capacitor is short,mine was also a ceramic 10u (C521 ) but others have reported other caps (C10 for example). With the camera it's an easy job.

When I opened my laptop to check the caps, I found that, indeed, C10 (right beside the battery connector) seemed damaged. I replaced it with another R10 Cap, and it turned on, the job, however, was less that perfect, since the cap I had left some bulge due to space restrictions. I found a better solution by ORDERING the DT2 Charger Board (Part 48.4C302.031 06602-3) from Amazon, which replaces the entire charger board part of the motherboard. The part arrived today and I did the replacement job, needing only patience and a phillips screw driver. I noticed that the new part did have all capacitors in "new" condition, whereas my old part was missing one, had one obviously soldered on to replace a damaged one, and had a bad one from stress (C10). So to anyone experiencing this problem, It is better to simply order the part and install it, the part cost me US$49.00.

Good luck and thanks to everyone for their help.

E.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I just repaired mine, you will need an infra red camera to detect which capacitor is short,mine was also a ceramic 10u (C521 ) but others have reported other caps (C10 for example). With the camera it's an easy job.

hi, could you be more specific what kind of 10uF have you used (V=?, an smd? or normal cap, etc). thanks a lot.

Hello,

I just went and did some debugging on my motherboard. I was putting in about 0.5W and feeling around the board with the back of my fingers. I was planning on increasing the power but I quickly found the offending cap. C10 as expected.

C10 should be a 10uF 25V 1206 X5R .

I only had a 1210 handy so I used that. I am sure there will be a little bit of extra pressure because of the increased height but I didn't want to wait a couple of days.

The laptop is together now and working just fine. Thank you everybody for the hints.

When I opened my laptop to check the caps, I found that, indeed, C10 (right beside the battery connector) seemed damaged. I replaced it with another R10 Cap, and it turned on, the job, however, was less that perfect, since the cap I had left some bulge due to space restrictions. I found a better solution by ORDERING the DT2 Charger Board (Part 48.4C302.031 06602-3) from Amazon, which replaces the entire charger board part of the motherboard. The part arrived today and I did the replacement job, needing only patience and a phillips screw driver. I noticed that the new part did have all capacitors in "new" condition, whereas my old part was missing one, had one obviously soldered on to replace a damaged one, and had a bad one from stress (C10). So to anyone experiencing this problem, It is better to simply order the part and install it, the part cost me US$49.00.

Good luck and thanks to everyone for their help.

E.

Thanks for the very helpful info. Just want to confirm that the capacitor C10 is actually located on the power rail/charger board part of the motherboard. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the very helpful info. Just want to confirm that the capacitor C10 is actually located on the power rail/charger board part of the motherboard. Can anyone confirm this?

I replaced a C10 that was actually on the motherboard itself. It is right beside the connector that mates the charging board and the motherboard.

I replaced a C10 that was actually on the motherboard itself. It is right beside the connector that mates the charging board and the motherboard.

Good stuff....much appreciated. From "elfman1977"'s post it sounded like he purchased a new charger board thinking C10 was located on it but thanks for clarifying that it's actually on the motherboard. What is the chance that some of the capacitors on the rail are bad?! I knew I should have taken some electrical course when I was younger!!

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Good stuff....much appreciated. From "elfman1977"'s post it sounded like he purchased a new charger board thinking C10 was located on it but thanks for clarifying that it's actually on the motherboard. What is the chance that some of the capacitors on the rail are bad?! I knew I should have taken some electrical course when I was younger!!

Sorry but one more thing....where can I grab a capacitor like this from? C10 (10uF 25V 1206 X5R ).

Sorry but one more thing....where can I grab a capacitor like this from? C10 (10uF 25V 1206 X5R ).

Start here. There are plenty of manufacturers and caps to choose from.
Capacitors | Ceramic | Digi-Key

It is a filtering cap so it isn't a big issue if the value is a bit off. I assume the laptop will work without the cap as well but it is a good idea to have it there.

Thanks for the schematic it helped me find the problem!

On my M1330 motherboard the problem was not the capacitors though it was a bad solder joint on L31. Just thought I'd share.

Reactions: luismi18

V

luismi18

If somebody would be so kind as to point me in the direction of the schematic, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

Never mind - I figured it out. Thanks for the information!

Hello....can't seem to pinpoint the short on the motherboard. Would anyone be kind enough to do some further testing by applying power selectively along the board with possibly some thermal imaging? BTW I live in the Toronto area if anyone happens to be in this neck of the woods.

I am having a terrible time trying to locate a replacement part for this motherboard. In my research through many different electronic parts stores (Digi-Key etc), I am pretty sure it is an inductor. The writing on the top of the part reads 1R5 above 0831 below. It's position on the motherboard is L50 located between the memory slots and the WLAN. It is the largest piece of its sort on the board. On the schematics is is located on page 42 (from the schematics provided in this thread).

This part appears to have a ***** across the top, so I am pretty certain that it needs to be replaced. I have replaced the charging board and the power on board and it still will not power on. I have also replaced the power jack. I know that some power is flowing through the board. The power at the jack is reading 20V. At the point where the motherboard connects to the power board I can get some small readings, but only on a couple of points. The power on board is getting 2.5V.

Can anyone help me to identify this piece so I can replace it. I can provide a picture of the part if necessary.

Thanks

Hi there i am new to this motherboard board diagnostic scence, but have been repairing all BGA issues on laptops (macs, HP dell etc)

But today have an m1530 and cannot get any boot, it has the saem problems as expressed with the m1330 please can you assist me it simply trips the PSU (light) before showing any life on the mobo itself..

I appresiate any help to FIX this motherboard as a learning curve. I have BGA equiptment and testing equiptment but no infrared camera for heat sensing.

Aqib

Hi,
i'm facing the same M1330 problem, Dead-No Power, Charger LED goes off when plugged.
i don't have the experience to diagnose the faulty location But i went ahead taking all parts to reach to the Power charger Board, can anyone tell me if the yellow thing on top of the R010 chip indicates that this chip is the cause?

Re: dell pp25l motherboard

Hello I searching for Dell M1330 Model:pP25L schematic of motherboard because my mobo is dead and I want to repair it.

If someone know what are parameters of R010 please inform me because I want to buy it and change it.

Another thing what I searching for are fuses on this boards how can I search for it's on this mobo.

Link download dell 1330 schematics:

**broken link removed**

Re: dell pp25l motherboard

Hello I searching for Dell M1330 Model:pP25L schematic of motherboard because my mobo is dead and I want to repair it.

If someone know what are parameters of R010 please inform me because I want to buy it and change it.

Another thing what I searching for are fuses on this boards how can I search for it's on this mobo.

Even with a circuit diagram, sorting out a problem on a motherboard is likely to very difficult. It might be easier to just try to pick up a motherboard from eBay. They are often available quite cheaply. That said, when I wanted one for a Sun Blade 2000, it was actually cheaper to buy a Sun Blade 1000 and swap the motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back