Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whats the difference between 32 bit os and 64 bit os

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanraj_kmr

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between 32 bit os and 64 bit os

Hi to all,
I am fully confused from the word 32 bit os and 64 bit os. What are they and what are their role in 64 bit machine?
As i searched the net it says that using 64 bit os we can increase the address length, hence so we can use high amount of memory. But is there any other use of them?
How actually an os build with consideration of what?

Give me some interesting and usefull details simply.

difference between 32 bit and 64 bit os

The 6Bit OS is Install in 64Bit Systems....
64Bit OS is faster than 32 Bit OS becuase it proccess with 64 bit data in same time....
if you have a system that supply 64bit Os, Install 64Bit os on it and enjoy...

difference between 64 bit and 32 bit os

All operating system ultimately get the task handled by microprocessors. As the 64 bit processing has far better capability (work of several steps in one step). Of couse hardware (microcontroller and the chipset) should support that.
Raoof

difference between 32 bit and 64-bit machine

The OS run on CPUS .It' thus ultimatly realted to the CPU ..if the CPU is a 64 bit .It requires a 64 bit OS .Some Cpu are backward cmpatible with 32 architectures .So is then possible to still run 32 bit OS on them .The OS only is better if the 64 bit CPU is faster than the 32 ! .Otherwise is the same! or even worst .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back