Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

- to + voltage converter - suggest a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhava

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
buck-bust converter

Hi

I want to convert -12v at 0.5 amp to +12v or +5v.
I am exhausted in searching. please suggest me a circuit

or something.

my id is perfectanurit@gmail.com

thanx in advance

- to + voltage converter

look to buck/bust regulator topologie. It inverts voltage.

Re: - to + voltage converter

As Dmitron already pointed out, a buck-boost converter is worth considering. please see at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck–boost_converter

Also, you may use Google to find about the stuff. Other great sources of info are the component suppliers making switchmode converter chips. (For example www.linear.com/ , www.st.com , www.national.com and many others) Look for both data sheets and application notes - they give a good starting point.

In general, designing such a converter may seem easy due to many design examples available, but a beginner may have really big trouble with the basic PWB design rules, properties of capacitors and inductors, and regulating feedback loop stability. Read carefully the application notes, and try to understand also the passive component properties and do not change/substitute those without understanding what is critical. Otherwise you may generate more smoke than anything else...

Good luck!
-ted

Status
Not open for further replies.