Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to read the Bit Set condition of DRDY bit in CS5460A

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdurgaidass

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to read the Bit Set condition of DRDY bit in CS5460A. But not able to get the Bit Set condition. Where as I am able to get CRDY bit Set condition. Any help is welcome .

V D Dass[/code]

cs5460 code

Refer the datasheet of cirrus 5460,mainly pages 48,49,50.
U should mask all bits in the MASK REG except DRDY at the start of the prog.

cs5460 drdy

Thank you. I will go through the mentioned pages and try. I was thinking that the MASK REGISTER is useful only when Interrupt (INT_BAR ) Pin of CS5460A is used by the micro controller.

V.Durgai dass

adc with drdy

U R CORRECT.
MASK REG IS USED WHILE INTERRUPT.
unmask msb of mask reg for generation of interrupt
this will assert interrupt pin only when data is ready after set no of computation cycles get over.
WRITE 0x80,0x00,0x00 HEX TO MASK REG.

adc drdy bit -bang

HI Mandar_Mahajan

I am not using the interrupt pin. When ever the new ADC value is required, I want to checkup the DRDY bit . If set, I want to read the ADC value else I return with out reading and retain the previous read value.

Here when ever I check the DRDY bit, it is always not set. But if I read the RMS Value with out worrying for DRDY bit, I am getting a updated ADC value. So my doubt is that the DRDY bit is Set and Reset (PULSE) automatically on every complition of convrtion cycle or there is a prolem in my reading the bit. my code is bit = READ_STATUS_REG & 0x00800000; My read_reg code is o.k because i could read the other 24bits Registers correctly.

Thanks
V.Durgai dass

drdy 2009

Hi,

For my Project Work I Need CS5460 IC, but it is not available in our Area. Shall i get from you, I will purchase from you, please reply..Email:srivenkatraman@gmail.com

Thanking you,

how to read cs5460

Read my mail that i had sent on srivenkatraman(at)gmail.com.

cs5460 in india

Hi

I have used CS5460A and not CS5460. I got through one of my friend for INR 70-00. He told me that he got it from Farnell-India. Try at www.in.farnell.com. You may get it from there.

Good Luck

V.Durgai dass

while(drdy);

svaidy I have couriered the chip to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.