Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for motherboard repair training ebooks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: motherboard repairing

The best on the net:

**broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

The best on the net:

the basic,,,, to repair mainboard it' s like repair cellphone where is work system cellphone adapted from motherboard, but different is cellphone had a signal converter,,,,,

Re: ebook on motherboard

@Trion: if you got these books from lamington road, why don't you have them scanned and upload them somewhere like the piratebay.se or other site like scribed. and post it here so we can get these books and all can benefit from it, would you do that for us? Also instead of scanning you can take pictures of the pages with 3.3 mega pixel camera with good lighting and it is same as scanning.

Its unlikely that you will find any motherboard chiplevel repair ebooks online. There are 2 books on motherboard available in India. I've got them at Bombay(Mumbai) at Lamington Road. With these you will get to know how the boards from the old 486 upto Pentium 4 boards work. The diagnosis techniques are the same even for boars that are new. For new Chips, all you need is to go through the datasheets on company websites or sites like www.alldatasheets.com.
What's most important is that you have a strong foundation in digital and analog electronics and understand how microprocessors and microcontrollers work and how to test them. The more experience you have in testing and repairing electronic devices the better.

Mostly what fails in boards are electrolytic capacitors, MOSFETS in the power supply section, The VRM controller ICs that control the MOSFETS, the PWM ICs that give signals to the VRMs, the clock generator IC and/or its Crystal. Also obviously fuses on the board.
You need to use experience from testing other digital equipment to fix motherboards. The more you fix, the better you'll get.

Google online for "VRM testing". Start learning on dead boards. Boards with PS2 keyboard and mouse not responding faults can be due to fuses. IF both have failed, it could be the I/O controller IC. This is the fault when both PS2 ports and all USB ports are not working.

Keep practicing and with time you'll get better. For parts you need to salvage old junk boards. These you can get cheap or free from people who discard them for new ones. Every junk board has potential components for future use.

Best regards!

- - - Updated - - -

check eserviceinfo.com or piratesbay.se there are thousands of schematics for computer note books and mother boards, also by doing little extra work from them you can figure out the rest. You can get away without the exact schematics just by ic datasheets and other repair help. I have seen people fixing mother boards without any schematics, not always you need schematics, depends on the type of problem, some times finding bad ram or smelling the board can get you to the burned parts and general area of damage. But don't give-up so easily.

I agree with everything you posted but what can you do without the schematics for the OEM system. I have a degree in electronics but without a schematic there is nothing I can do. What should I do to get the schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.