Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multilayer PCB with high dielectric constant

Status
Not open for further replies.

olgak

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb dielectric constant

Hi, I would like to know if a multilayer PCB with a high dielectric constant (e=10) and low losses at high frequencies is possible to manufacture. Thanks a lot.

manufacturer ro3010 pcb

No

high dielectric pcb

You could probably bond ONE layer of flexible er=10 board on top of a sandwich of standard FR4 boards. I have successfully done that with standard "duroid" type boards at lower er's. Need a processing house that can get the thru holes right!

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

pcb dielectric constant;

I've seen RO3010 with e=10.2 at Rogers. Many manufacturers employ ROXXXX for high freq pcb-s. RO3010 wouldn't be a possible option? Thank a lot again.

er of material pcb

Hybrids are available from long time using PCBs with low-loss material in top of FR4.

But I believed that you are looking for multilayer PCB using ONLY low-loss and high Er materials. I never seen yet let’s say: 8 layer, 10cm x 10cm board, all layers RO3010.

high dielectric constant pcb substrate

I haven't tried it, but apparently you can do simple circuits, like directional couplers, with multilayer duroid bonded together.

**broken link removed**

multilayer pcb fabrication guideline

Generally Rogers RO3000 series is suited for multilayer fabrication. But no high Er prepreg material is provided, instead FEP film is intended for substrate bonding according to Rogers fabrication guidelines. You can build an all RO3010 multilayer with thin low Er FEP layers in between.

olgak

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
roger pcb material & dielectric constant

I need a PCB with only the top layer of high dielectric constant. I didn't find a manufacturer for RO3010 top layer multilayer PCB. Could you recommend me one?
I also consider the possibility of mounting some alumina pieces on top/in the middle the PTFE substrate, but it seems more complex.

multilayer pcb pdf

try R6002 or 4350 ideal for multilayer fab with FR4 as bot have similar process involved

low-dielectric-constant multilayer pcb material

try R6002 or 4350 ideal for multilayer fab with FR4 as bot have similar process involved
Unfortunately, both are low Er.

rogers dielectric er

how much er and what freq are u looking for

dielectric extremely high constant materials 2009

I try to replace alumina substrate (e=10). Freqs till 18GHz, at least till 6GHz.

I've seen at LabTech Mw multilayer PCBs with RO3010 are possible.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back