Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison between hierarchical check and flatten check

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrywent

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there,
I often hear people say that one advantage of Calibre over dracula is its hierarchical check function. Dracula can only do flatten check. But what on earth is hierarchical check? A comparison made between hier-check and flatten check would be better, thanks in advance!
regards,
henry

lvs hcell hierarchy

i guess you have to flatten your layout before doing a drc with dracula? calibre recognizes pcells, maybe thats what it means? dracula is pretty much obsolete now isnt it? i havent seen a pdk recently that supports dracula (mind you i've only been studying ic design for the last 3 years).

henrywent

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vs dracula

thank you for your prompt reply,oermens! But I just need more detailed information about this topic...

dracula calibre

Hi,

The Calibre can treat the check(LVS/DRC/ERC...) in hierarchy or flatten mode which you want to, rather than Dracula only in flatten mode. The Calibre run time in hierachy mode is shorter than flatten mode because its treat the check once when meet the same cell name in layout. In Calibre hierarchy mode you can use the option -hier (default is same cell name in layout and schematic will auto versus) or incremental with -hcell {hcell_filename} to check the list of cell which you want to versus in layer/netlist. :D

how to run incremental lvs with calibre

Hierarchical check will help you more to debug LVS report, because it will flag (or it should flag) each error appearing in which block. For example, if you have a block containing some 3-4 small blocks, the hierarchical check will find any error existing inside any sub-block.

I've been using both Calibre and Dracula. Calibre has a big plus for the processing time. Now I'm using Hercules, which helps minimize the debugging time, being a hierarchical check tool.

Cristina

dracula hierarchy calibre

Hi,
From a long experience with back-end verification, I can say that calibre is the best ever
Thanks
best regards,
Rania

dracula calibre

Hi,
I like to use calibre.
Thanks
junli

flatten hierarchy calibre

when a same cell is placed more than once the H-cell is best to clear LVS.Calibre do it best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back