Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extracting MOSFET input and output Capacitances from PDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

naumz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there a way to extract MOSFET Input (Gate) and Output (drain - bulk) capacitances from the PDK model file? Just the first-order values. I need these values for scripting purposes.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Run DCOP sim on simple MOS schematic and plot gcc for gate and for drain-bulk I forgot how it's named - look into BSIM3 model documentation.

Thanks for the information, Teddy. Additionally, I would prefer if the whole process could be automated as I would like to do it in bulk. So is it possible to obtain the data directly from the model file without using plots?

Yes, you can obtain the data from model file, but the procedure is complex. If the model is BISIM, you should find the exact parameters and values from model files, then estimate the caps from the cap equations. you can refer documents @ **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back