Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 Microcontroller with P89V51RD2, error occurs- need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrulz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
p89v51rd2 reset in isp mode

This is newbie to Embedded Systems. I see a lot of people helping out people like me. Thanks a lot to all of u

Presently i am learning about 8051 Microcontroller architecture. I have P89V51RD2 chip on it and i want to program it using the following tools.

I am using the micro Vision (uVision) IDE provided by ARM company from keil for programming in C.

www.keil.com/uvision/

I am using flash magic tool for programming the board using Serial Port(ISP).
www.flashmagictool.com/

Here is the board which i am using:
**broken link removed**

Every time i try to program the HEX Code onto the board it throws up an error "Please Reset the Board into ISP Mode Now"

I had unchecked the USE DTR to Control RST in Advanced options of Flash Magic Tool

Can some one please help me with these following questions:

1) How to check if the board is in ISP Mode or not and how to reset it to ISP Mode?
2) How to Test if the Serial Communication is happening or not?

I don't know why nobody has replied
How to Test if the Serial Communication is happening or not?
Ans: just use hyper terminal, short pin3.0 and pin3.1 on the development board and type anything if u r able to see letters then communication is ok
How to check if the board is in ISP Mode or not and how to reset it to ISP Mode?
Ans: for resetting press reset button on the development board

Status
Not open for further replies.