Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple keyboard with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

nr4bt

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller 8952

hello, I'm a new user and newbie about microcontrollers, I got some lessons in my university about microcontrollers. We only worked with 8051 and we did some programs with assembly but not a big things and the problem begins with that. I wanna make my own simple 4 button keyboard with usb connected but I can't find any knowledge about that. I'm sure there is lots of things about it out there but I don't know where to start. I tried to search it but you know It looks like extremely hard to search something without know something. My university is about mostly software engineering, not hardware. But I'm interested in microcontrollers and making my own stuffs sound amazing for me. If anyone can help about that, I'd be so happy and approve that.. Thanks a lot

connecting keyboard to microcontroller

Hi
What to do with designing with usb with 4 button. please explain.
For connecting a 4 by 4 key pad with MCU. u need to separate the rows and columns. connect the rows to one nibble and columns to the other nibble.
write a scanning program to identify a row or column on key press. also use key debounce function in ur code.
or if u cant write a programe to scan key pad then use the key pad controller i think its number is 922. or search on net for key pad controller.
just connect it to ur controller.

8952 microcontroller projects

hmm I wanna make a part of keyboard, something like direction keys.. but not exactly direction keys, some particular buttons. anyway thanks for reply but I think I couldn't understand some part due to my little knowledge about microcontroller.. first question is which mcu I should use? and could you be more specific about rows and colums? or should I search on net for it? what it does? writing a program wouldn't be so hard for me I guess, the hard part is which items I must use.. I'm so unknowledge about items.. As I told we only did a few programs with 8051, but not a big ones.. we didn't a complete circuit design with program at all.. I hope I explained myself very well

keyboard microcontroller

well, nr4bt

I've used the ATmel 8952 microcontroller in my project. I made the mic to control LCD and Keypad.
if you want the program I have it. first you will need to buy a burner for the mic. If you are going to use the ATmel mic. give me a response.

atmel 8952 microcontroller

ok I'm just a bit confused, you made your keypad with 8952 microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back