Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage source in HFSS - calculating the impedance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

theos83

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
voltage source in HFSS

Hi all

Just wanted to know if there is any way to calculate the impedance of a structure when excited by a voltage source in HFSS. I tried running a simulation and all I get are field values at each frequency point. There are no other variables for plotting in the results menu. Is there a way to calculate the impedance of the structure using the calculator?

Any insight/advice/solution would be of great help!

Thanks

Saurabh

Re: voltage source in HFSS

I have the same problem.. did you solve it?

Thanks

voltage source in HFSS

how about using mismatch, i mean s11 depends on the input impedance. please let me know. :)

Re: voltage source in HFSS

You can use the fields calculator to calcuate the complex current and then knowing the magnitude and phase of the voltage you can calculate the impedance. I have been trying to do this with a dipole my self. Our set ups sound similar but I am just using a voltage source between the two cylinders and then measuring the current right at the center of the voltage source line. I haven't been able to get it to work consistently but in theory it should work.

voltage source in HFSS

Get the S parameters & plot on smith chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back