Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power received and antenna tilt and azimuth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndegwakg

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
antenna tilt

Hi,

I'm simulating a UMTS network in software. However I am unable to find a mathematical relationship that links the Power received at the receiving antenna of the UE and the Power transmitted by the Node B antenna, taking into account the tilt and azimuth.

Right now I can calculate my received power,Pr, using the Power transmit,Pt, the Gain of the transmit antenna,Gt, the Gain of the receive antenna , Gr, and the path loss, Lp.

Pr = Pt + Gt + Gr - Lp (all in dB)

But intuitively i know that if i direct my antenna to the sky (change the tilt), i should have a Pr of ZERO.

Is there any math expression that shows this

Cheers

what is antenna tilts

Hi,

Do you mean by:

Pr = Pt + Gt + Gr - Lp + Cos(angle) ?

cheers

how to calculate antenna tilt

Thanks a lot vfone.

I've gone through the two journals.One of them indicates how to determine the angle that is a function of the antenna gain. i.e Gt[angle]. This angle depends on the users location and the antenna tilt.

So all i need now is to extract a vertical radiation pattern from any UMTS antenna manufacturer and relate the 'angle' to the Gain and voila.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back