Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is linux busybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_abousamra

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
busybox top

hi all,

what is linux busybox?
plz can any one explain it in a simple way and give any examples (if he can)
really all web sites write the same ununderstood explainations

thx in advance

linux busybox top

If you use Linux, then you are familiar with commands like 'count', 'ls', etc.
On a typical Linux system these are all seperate executable commands.

Busybox is a single executable for a linux system that (can) contain all these different commands in this single executable Busybox file. The commands supported by Busybox are typically 'trimmed' down versions. This means that some commands can have less options, but in general trimmed down means less (memory) footprint.
Busybox can be configured to have some commands excluded, and so it is possible to have a very 'lean' busybox (small executable) with only the necessary commands included.

Busybox is typically used for embedded Linux systems that need to be small and fast booting. For a normal desktop system Busybox is not used.

linuxbusybox

1. thx Marcel
2. to papalota

if u can't reply in a respectable manner, u shouldn't reply from the beginning and waste ur time with ur silly words.

hope to understand

busybox top rss

It seems you are not used to the western characters, so I forgive you for misspelling my nickname... :wink:
I think I have correctly replied to your question:
it is not a fault of me if you have not ever tried to use a search engine before posting your question!
The next time I suggest you to try the following search:
"word you are looking for" followed by "wiki"
eg:
busybox wiki
there are several chances that you will find a reasonable explanation to your questions. :D

P.S. look at the left pane of the wiki page: there are several chances that the specific voice is present even in your native language.

what is busybox

1. thx KamalS

2. again popatola

first, it seems that u don't understand what i've said before . u don't have to waste ur time in answering posts u don't like. u can easily skip it. it doesn't seem so difficult... :D

second, i think instead of advising people in a bad manner u should really read their posts in concentration.
i said that all “web sites” – included wiki's and other web sites u have posted – write the same ununderstood explanations but it seems that u didn't see it.
all i wanted was simple explanations for the previous keyword from people who had already worked in this field. i thought it would be more useful than web sites

finally, i hope u learn how to answer posts from the two previous gentlemen. Oh I think that it may be quite difficult. :D

hope to understand, concentrate and learn

in a simple way explain what is linux

a bit nervous? don't worry and be happy! :D

It is really funny, because your kind of behavior is typical of persons which is the first time they post a question (at this date you have only written those 3 messages in this thread!) without really searching for what are they looking for.
Even your way of distorting my nickname is exemplificative... (how old are you?)

BTW, I hope to see you helping other people on this forum!!!

busybox less search

To what ever his name

I think talking to u is wasting of time.
U don't even want to understand any thing from what I wrote before and try to talk in useful things which may make our discussion more fruitful except talking about no. of posts, age and other childish manner in talking

Status
Not open for further replies.