Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assura RCX / QRC Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonstation

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
assura qrc

Hello, I am having trouble running Assura RCX. I am currently using Cadence Virtuoso 6.1.3 with IBM PDK cmos10lpe (65nm). I ran Assura LVS on a simple inverter cell and it has no probem passing LVS check (I ran DRC on the same inverter with Synopsys Hercules because the IBM PDK that I am using does not provide a rule set for Assura DRC).
Then I tried to run Assura RCX by selecting "Assura -> Run RCX" from the Virtuoso Layout Editor menu. For some unknown reason, it causes Cadence to crash. Here is a part of the log file

\o Assura RCX Run: Loading Technology Data. Standby...
\a leSetLSWBBox(list(9:171 159:871))
\r t
\r t
\r t
\r t
\r t
\w *WARNING* No tech dir found for tech name NONE
\w *WARNING* Current technology is "NONE", but .tpl file was not loaded for some reasons.
\o Template file "/n/homeserver2/user2a/mcwang/cadence/IBM_PDK/cmos10lpe/relRF/cdslib/cmos10lpe/.rcx_setup.tpl" was successfully loaded.Warning: SNA Tech Dir is not a directory, trying the default SNA Tech Dir
\o (dbPanic) dumping stack
\o dbPanic+304()

I am especially puzzled by the warning "*WARNING* No tech dir found for tech name NONE" because I did specify the technology in Assura -> Setup -> RCX Setup or something like that. I definitely had specified the technology when I ran LVS earlier.

I have another question regarding Cadence QRC. Is this part of Assura instalation? I couldn't find anything that resembles QRC in the Software Download page. The IBM PDK that I am using supports QRC, but I couldn't find it in the Assura menu from the Virtuoso Layout Editor menu.

Thanks in advance

*warning* no tech dir found for tech name none

"No technology directory found" is a known problem with IBM kits using QRC/RCX extraction. DRC and LVS will run smoothly, but QRC/RCX don't find the tech data.

\o Assura RCX Run: Loading Technology Data. Standby...

First of all, your PDK should be loading QRC, not RCX. To do this, do the following:

1. in your startup script, set QRC_ENABLE_EXTRACTION="t"

2. in your path, make sure EXT comes before ASSURA.

Then launch QRC by Assura->Run RCX... and you will get the following:

\o QRC Run: Loading Technology Data. Standby...
\w *WARNING* Current technology is "8RF_DM_32", but .tpl file was not loaded for some reasons.
\o *Info* Default Substrate Tech Dir is not defined, replaced with the empty nameWarning: Substrate Tech Dir is not a directory, trying the default Substrate
Tech Dir
\w *WARNING* Current technology is "NONE", but .tpl file was not loaded for some reasons.
... (some warnings)
\o Load complete.
\w *WARNING* No technology directory found.

To setup QRC you need to set the Technology Directory to /<path_to_pdk>/Assura/QRC/<metallization_stack>, and in the Extraction tab set Reference node to /gnd!. I'm not sure but you can try setting RSF File to /QRC/<stack>/LVSinclude.rsf. For extracting L and K you need to specifiy the User Region field and whichever metals you want to extract L and K for.

If you're a mosis customer, try support@mosis.com or join **broken link removed**

Hope this helps.

assura rcx no technology directory found

Yes I second oermens comments as I also had the same problem and the setup suggested by oermens is the only way.

run cadence qrc

Hi Michael,

Can you please provide IBM PDK, I can install at my site and help you to resolve this problem.
Please mail it to hoizal@yahoo.com

Thanks,
hoizal

cadence qrc

This IBM PDK problem also bothers me from time to time. Thanks for providing such a solution....

Status
Not open for further replies.