Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVDS Driver common mode feedback question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IADanilov

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvds cmfb

Hi all!

In my LVDS driver design used common mode feedback. When I modeling simple model which include LVDS driver and 100 Ohm termination amplitude-frequency characteristic of CMFB is good: gain is about 75 dB and phase margin is about 80 deg.

But when I modeling it with more complex model which include also package inductance, package capacitance, transmission lines etc. amplitude-frequency characteristic become bad: phase margin is about 20 deg.

Question: what model shall i use? Can i neglect package inductance, package capacitance, transmission lines etc.?

lvds commond mode usage

It's no good idea to ignore reality, I think.

common mode feedback

More exact: problem cause only when i use model with transmission line.

Model with all reality elements (parasitic and package capacitances, inductance etc) and without tline has good amplitude-frequency characteristic of CMFB. When I include tline it become bad.

And I don't know what to do. I try to adjust frequency correction circuit, adjust CMFB circuit - without result.

And now I think have I a right to neglect tline in my model when I simulate amplitude-frequency characteristic of CMFB?

lvds common mode

I don't know, how your simulation scircuit exactly looks like. It may be the case, that your transmission line model is simply incorrect. You can't model a differential transmission line with a single a TL instance. It would cause infinite common mode load impedance. Define differential and common mode transmission line impedances and use an appropriate model.

Status
Not open for further replies.