Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the better Visual Basic, Visual C++ or Delphi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I suggest VC++ users to try Borland C++ Builder.Less buggy and very easy developing tool.I like programming with bcb!

Analyzer.

i'm using all of them time to time.

1. what do you know?
2. what do you want to do
3. how much time to learn language and programming enviroment
4. how much time to develop needed application
5. which platforms are you using
6. which platforms may you use in the feature
7. how much money you can spent (language tools, books, course, and of course time)
8. do you do all job yourself?
9. do you want to be professional programmer ?
and so on...

The best tool, language changes project to project.
every one has it's own advantages.

eg, if you now vb you can use vba easy. this means office macros, asp, vbs, autocad macros...

nowadays all going to web based apps. maybe in the feature our classical application types will die! or must change

Hi,
In the personnel, I prefer the Borland compilers, as much for the Visual developments, like those of console, they are more easy to handle and they similar performace.
Delphi!

hi,

i had try vb, vc and delphi. well i use three of them for different application.

vb is very portable script/programming language in m$ enviroment. i use it for m$ office macro, webpage.

for executable application, i use delphi, it simple and can be portable to linux :) using kylix. smaller size, eazy, fast and powerful.

for vc, basically only on dll development since this is the native language for system file.

wisely

Hi,

Visual C++ is the best cos its got the power of C++.Also the MFC is supposed to be one of the best though its difficult to learn.For a simpler applications VB is good for its ease in programming.I prefer VC++
I m not familiar with Delphi so no comments.

Hi,

Visual C++ is the best

Hi!
I think Visual C++ is best for interface with peripheral. Work with ports in
VC++ not too difficult. Visual C++(exactly C) is the basic, VB or Delphi reuse VC's resuoce(dll, com..)-I think

By the way,

I would like to add something.When i want to make some "details", i can easily find suitable components to my borland c++ builder.And borland has a very serious newsgroup, i can ask/find every solution of problems.

Analyzer

I think Visual C++ is better, whenever you want to make program that run under windows OS.

i think that the best is visual C++ because all the os was built in these platform winxp , linux ...

visual basic is for beginners......

xxtigerxx said:
i think that the best is visual C++ because all the os was built in these platform winxp , linux ...

visual basic is for beginners......

IS NOT TRUE : YOU can program with c++ (and then pascal,basic,have ) in linux but most importanat topic both MFC and .NET not presient in linux .....
vc++ absolutly don work in linux (MFC base class or .NET)

best way for program in both in windows and linux (cross platform)
in delphi or c++builder in windows and you can port in linux by borland kylix ....

Taro: it can also do it with delphi and VB in real simple exe file work under all windows but vc++ require true mdc.dll !

i think delphi is best
faster, source library, huge component, cross platform , .net ,linux , win32 .......

You clearly haven't heard of Mono ;-)
The .Net port for linux (with a C# compiler for linux) ;-)
Haven't tried it but I've heard it is good. Not everything MS creates is bad (although they just took the good parts from java, added some interesting C++ and other languages features, mixed ... ;-) )

But I don't like Visual C++ since it is folowing the Microsoft Standard (which always seems to be quite different from the real one) Although I heard that version 7.1 was better (It was the first one with good support for templates) the one I'm using (6.0 with some SP thingies) sux!

Antharax

Antharax said:
You clearly haven't heard of Mono ;-)
The .Net port for linux (with a C# compiler for linux) ;-)
Haven't tried it but I've heard it is good. Not everything MS creates is bad ...
Antharax

Yes have C# For Linux but the .NET firmwork from Windows is diffrent with linux then you can not port MSStudio to linux

I think all ability im MSstudio for programming (and some better of it av. in borland product face to face )

BUT many of option and Expert for RAD not av. in msstudio ...

I have used VC, VB, Delphi, Borland C++...
I think Visual C++ is best, whenever you want to make program that run under windows.
If you use othes, Delphi is better, faster....

I believe that Visual C++ is a good choise, espesially if you are familiar with C and C++. About the IDE(Integrated Design Enviroment) that is up to you.
I prefer Borlands C++Builder. You can use it to create DLLs, cosnole applications and ofcourse GUIs. Another plus, is that it is compatible with MFC (Microsoft), so you can compile any application you have created using that library.
Finally, incase you want to move from C++Builder to Delphi, you will allready know VCL.

Regards

Of course Visual C++ is better.

But if you have not got lots of time to write code on a subject,
and the speed of program is not important for you, Visual Basic it the best choice.

For Delphi I have no idea.

Thanks,

VB is exactly what we need for Quick-and-dirty progs !

Each language has its own purpose. Visual Basic is for simple GUI programs where there are no or little performance concerns. C++ is excellent language for serious programming where performance is extremely critical. Like wise Delphi has its own domain. So a distinction can't be made. how can you compare apples with oranges.

each one has points of strength in certain direction .. and if we can say C++ is better , then Del. and VB should be obsolute!! .. the same applies to the ther 2 .. and as long as all are in use till this moment .. then u can't be 100% sure which one is the best ..

Application implies which is best suitable ..

I'm currently using visual basic for user graphical interface calling visual C++ DLL for the "hard work".
About delphi...i don't know.
lollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back