Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematic of a SMPS for 230V AC To 5V DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi.kodati

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a smps for 230v ac to 5v dc / 1 A current. can any one give schematic with mosfets / ics and specifications for transformer to be used. i have to finish my project . so i need this power supply

Added after 1 minutes:

i want to replicate the circuit of nokia battery charger but with higher current i.e 1A. can any one help me with values of components and specs of transformer

smps 5v schematic

Yeah i did go thru this site but this site recommends the use of linkswitchII IC (LNK616PG) and a 10pin transformer EE16 for an o/p of 5V n 1A.
Recently i hav stripped a nokia charger(duplicate) with specs 5.5V n 0.5A n found that it uses a power transistor (E13003) for the switching purpose and a 6pin transformer. In the powerint site i find these components LNK616PG n EE16 transformer bit expensive. LNK616 is 50$ for 10pcs.
So can u help me in designing a cheaper ckt by providing a schematic for the SMPS power supply with o/p specs 5V n 1A which uses just power transistors or mosfet's for switching

schematic of duplicate nokia charger

for getting 5V DC and 1A current
the best thing is LM7805 or simply 7805

use a transformer of rating 0-12V 1A
use a rectifier ckt
use a filter capacitor
and 7805

you will get 5V dc with max o/p current of 1A

schematic of nokia smps

Ok but what about switching??? i will be requiring a power transistor or a mosfet for switching otherwise its not an smps ckt n it will b just conventional ac/dc conversion ckt with bulky transformer...

smps ckt

if you want switching you will be requiring more than one power supply
as in SMPS there is a supply which is always on whether the computer is powered ON or not
so when we powered On the computer it switches ON the other supplies
so is that you want to switch ON the SMPS like this??

nokia circuit smps

I am designing an smps circuit with a/c input of 210-240V 50Hz and an output of 5V and 1A. I went thru the powerint site for devoping smps ckt but it recommends use of linkswitchII(LNK616PG) and EE16 10pin tranformer.

Ref for sch: http://www.powerint.com/sites/default/files/images/schematics/di158.gif

But am interested in building an smps with just a power transistor or a mosfet for switching instead of LNK616PG and a suitable transformer. Can anyone help me out for building such a ckt which is popular in mobile phone chargers???

smps of the schematic

try searching this

lnk616

see,with if using just a transistor or a switch ,how can you generate the switching signals??

smps mobile phone charger circuit

Yeah i too thought of the same. But when i stripped a nokia charger(duplicate) with o/p specs 5.5V/0.5A to learn smps ckt and i din find any smps ic and i found only a power transistor. So is it possible to build an smps ckt without smps ic???

Added after 4 hours 27 minutes:

can any one pl explain on what factors does output current depend on . can we change the output current of smps by changing resistor values or transformer or any other parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back