Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What will be the async FIFO depth for CDC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raffu2129

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cdc fifo

hi, i want to calculate the depth of FIFO for the following. my write clock is 6MHz and Read Clock is 4Mhz. for every 20 write clocks, 17 words are written. and read out for every read clock. what will be the FIFO depth, it is async FIFO.

Re: FIFO depth for CDC

The write data rate=5.1M word/s is much faster than the read data rate=4M word/s

Reactions: ajayg

ajayg

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks for your reply. can you please describe how you have claculated this thing?

hi, i am still understanding how to use FIFO in CDC. so, i want to know how to calculate FIFO depth.it would be nice if someone can help me?

Added after 17 minutes:

ray123 said:
The write data rate=5.1M word/s is much faster than the read data rate=4M word/s

hi, i need the depth of the FIFO. what should be the depth of the FIFO? because, according to my calculaion, the three idle cycles of write are not enough to read the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back