Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stable Biasing Circuit with Enable/Disable Function in CMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wylee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone knows how to design a biasing voltage reference circuit with enable/disable function in CMOS?

Normal stable biasing reference point are generated from a chain of equal size PMOS loads. How can we improved this with a enable/disable circuitary which is stable in process and temperature variations? :?:

Re: Stable Biasing Circuit with Enable/Disable Function in C

all PMOs current source serie with a pmos switch, then you can control the switch to select the current gain

that's not how it's done, but can be used sometimes.

real bias networks in IC's kill the gate voltage to shut off the bias network.

for a set of pmos mirrors, you'd add a pmos between vdd and the gate connections. now when you turn this pmos on, it pulls the gates of all your mirrors to vdd and shuts off your bias currents.

a similar trick for nmos mirrors, except now the shutdown transistor is nmos, and pulls the gates of your nmos mirrors to ground, shutting off the nmos currents.

hope this helps!

well, what is the difference between the two techniques? seems like the same.

nope, not the same - you get glitches if you use a pmos pass device.

so, in practice, the second method is used. well, thanks for the knowledge sharing.

Re: Stable Biasing Circuit with Enable/Disable Function in C

Why i get glitches if use pMOS ?
Though i practically use nMOS as the gate-off approach in my design as well

Status
Not open for further replies.