Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx XST Synthesis Process is taking tooooo long !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks

It's been almost 2 hours now, since I started my synthesis process !! .. I feel like there is a problem !! .. I was expecting a run time around 20 to 30 mins max. It's just synthesis !! .. not the complete Bit Generation process !!!

I have a doubt regarding one thing .. in my design, I'm having one (VHDL) module that contains one big combinational process (i.e. not clocked process). I am expecting some of the code in this process to be interpreted as LATCHes .. could this result in a problem with the FPGA synthesis ? .. in fact, if you look at the circuit that should be generated from this process, you will find it input/output registered by the outside blocks it's connected to. For that, I didn't make it a clocked process, as I'm in need for every wasted clock cycle.

Please help regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back