Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA, CPLD interface-checking compatibility of FPGA's IOpins

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagu guptha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FPGA and CPLD interface

Hai to everyone,
Actually I want to load my program into FPGA (Virtex-2pro-XCE2VP30) but result should be displayed on LCD, for which I am making use of CPLD(XC9572) kit. Though program gets loaded into FPGA I am not able to get any display on LCD, when necessary io pins of FPGA are connected to corresponding pins of LCD on CPLD kit.

How can I check out compatibility of FPGA's IOpins? or is there anything else that I should checkout ?Please, someone help me out of this problem :|

Re: FPGA and CPLD interface

Hi,

If you feel that your interface is correct then there should be desplay on LCD, but as you told there is no display on LCD, So first check your interface.

Once it is correct then most important thing is that you have to make common ground of both kits so connect digital GND of FPGA to Digital GND of CPLD after this most probabbly you will get display on LCD.

To check out I/O you can assign derived clk to I/O through counter or any other machenism and then whether clk is comming properly on I/O or not through Ossiloscope or Picoscope or any other Lab Instrument.

HTH
--
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.