Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with keil C code for interfacing 8051 to AD7715

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
@d7715 problem

I wrote this ke**il c c0de for interfacing 8o51 to @D7715 ,a 16 bit sigm@ delt@ c0nverter from anal0g devices.

But It works good for several hours and I can get data from ADC,But suddenly the ADC does not give correct data it only gives 0x0000 code on any analog input.

I do not know what is the problem ? Is it noise? PCB layout? Lost sequence of serial communication?Please help me for solving this problems with sigmadelta c0nverters.

Regards

// This module provides an interface to an AD*7715.(for Interfacing AD*7715 to 8051)
//
//*******************************************************************************************************

//*******************************************************************************************************
// INCLUDE FILES
#include "REG52.h"

//*********************************************************************************************************
// I/O PINS
sbit CS = P1^2; // CS PIN of the ADC
sbit SCLK = P1^3; // SCLK PIN of the ADC
sbit DIN = P1^4; // DIN PIN of the ADC
sbit DOUT = P1^5; // DOUT PIN of the ADC

// LOCAL FUNCTION PROTOTYPES
void ADC_WrReg(unsigned char shift8);
unsigned char ADC_RdReg(void);
unsigned int ADC_Read(void);
void ADC_DataReady(void);

// FUNCTION PROTOTYPES(API FUNCTIONS)
void ADC_Init(void);
unsigned int ADC_Sample(void);

// WRITE TO A REGISTER
//
// Description : A byte is written to the AD7715 register
// Arguments : 'shift8' a byte that is written to register
// Returns : none
void ADC_WrReg(unsigned char shift8)
{
unsigned char i;

CS = 0;
for( i = 0 ; i < 8 ; i++ )
{
SCLK = 0;
if((shift8 & 0x80) == 0x80)
{
DIN = 1;
}
else
{
DIN = 0;
}
SCLK = 1;
shift8 = shift8 << 1;
}
CS = 1;
}

// READ A REGISTER
//
// Description : This function can read the content of a register.
// Arguments : none
// Returns : 'shift8' This the value of that register
unsigned char ADC_RdReg(void)
{
unsigned char i;
unsigned char shift8;

CS = 0;
shift8 = 0;
for( i = 0 ; i < 8 ; i++ )
{
SCLK = 0;
shift8 = shift8 << 1;
shift8 = shift8 & 0xfe;
if(DOUT)
{
shift8 = shift8 | 0x01;
}
SCLK = 1;
}
CS = 1;
return shift8;
}

// READ ADC DATA REGISTER
//
// Description : This function reads the adc data register
// Returns : 'sample' The value of data register is returned
unsigned int ADC_Read(void)
{
unsigned char i;
unsigned int sample;

CS = 0;
sample = 0;
for( i = 0 ; i < 16 ; i++ )
{
SCLK = 0;
sample = sample << 1;
sample = sample & 0xfffe;
if(DOUT)
{
sample = sample | 0x0001;
}
SCLK = 1;
}
CS = 1;
return sample;
}

// DRDY FLAG CHECK
//
// Description : Reads the status register and check for DRDY goes low condition
void ADC_DataReady(void)
{
unsigned char adcstatus;

do{
ADC_WrReg(0x08); // Set the gain to 1,standby off,set the next operation as read of the status register
adcstatus = ADC_RdReg(); // Read statis register
}while( (adcstatus & 0x80) == 0x00); // check that is DRDY is one?if no then loop here

do{
ADC_WrReg(0x08); // Set the gain to 1,standby off,set the next operation as read of the status register
adcstatus = ADC_RdReg(); // Read statis register
}while( (adcstatus & 0x80) == 0x80); // check that is DRDY is one?if yes then loop here
}

// INITIALIZE THE AD7715
//
// Description : This is for ADC initialization (calibration and setup)
void ADC_Init(void)
{
CS = 1;
SCLK = 1;
DIN = 1;
DOUT = 1;
ADC_WrReg(0x10); // Set the gain to 1,standby off,set the next operation as write to the setup register
ADC_WrReg(0x66); //set unipolar mode ,buffer on,no filter sync,confirm clock as 2.4576,set output rate to
//50Hz and do a self calibration
ADC_DataReady();
}

// GET ONE SAMPLE
//
// Description : This function reads one sample from ADC
// Returns : 'sample' A sampled value by ADC is returned
unsigned int ADC_Sample(void)
{
unsigned int sample;

ADC_DataReady(); // Check DRDY flag ,if it is zero then data is ready
ADC_WrReg(0x38); // Set the gain to 1,standby off,set the next operation as read of the data register
sample = ADC_Read(); // Read the ADC data register
return sample;
}

Status
Not open for further replies.