Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Simulation using ncsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluerockers

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ncverilog ncsim ncelab ncsim

Hi!
I used nc to compile my code and then used ncsimg to sun the simulator.
The following error comes::

*F, nosnap ...'work.abc_tb' doesn't exist in the libraries.

where abc_tb is the test bench

also, when I tried to compile a smaller code in the same location and simulate it, i was able to perform the simulation.

I did ncelab after compiling the code. I got no errors.
When I run ncsimg, then I get the error. Simulation doesn't work

bluerockers said:
I did ncelab after compiling the code. I got no errors.
When I run ncsimg, then I get the error. Simulation doesn't work

Can you show the result/log of ncelab command? Maybe your top level name is different? Also try doing
Code:
ncelab -messages ...

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.cvcblr.com

Hi!
I got the following message::

ncelab: 05.50-p004: (c) Copyright 1995-2005 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE std /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/STD.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE synopsys /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/SYNOPSYS.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE ieee /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/IEEE.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE ambit /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/AMBIT.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE vital_memory /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/VITAL_MEMORY.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE ncutils /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/NCUTILS.
ncelab: *E,DLMKDF: Unable to add default DEFINE cds_assertions /opt/tools/hw/ncverilog/5.5/tools/inca/files/CDS_ASSERTIONS.
ncelab: *F,DLINIT: Failed to initialize library system interface.

Do:

Code:
nchelp ncelab DLMKDF

(Or some slight variant of that, check doc). Looks like your NC installation is incomplete, perhaps some ENV setting going wrong?

Ajeetha, CVC
www.cvcblr.com

After ncelab, do you run the simulation on the snapshot of the file you already elaborated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back